May 3, 2017
.NET, .NET 4.7, .NET Framework, .NET Framework 4.7, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, C#.NET, Caching, Cryptography, Extensions, Microsoft, Performance, Security, Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio 2015, Visual Studio 2017, VisualStudio, VS2012, VS2013, VS2015, WCF, Web API, Web API v2.0, Windows, Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, WinForms, WPF
Microsoft has released next version of .NET Framework (do not get confused with .NET Core) . Though the .NET Framework 4.7 was released as part of Windows 10 Creators Update a month ago. You can now install the .NET Framework 4.7 on other versions of Windows
Download the: .NET Framework 4.7 – Web installer | Offline Installer
.NET Framework 4.7 Developer Pack In order to add support for .NET Framework 4.7 in Visual Studio 2012 or later we need to install Developer Pack.
Windows Versions and Support:
The .NET Framework 4.7 is supported on the following Windows versions:
- Windows 10 Creators Update (included in-box)
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 SP1
The .NET Framework 4.7 is supported on the following Windows Server versions:
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
New Features in .NET Framework 4.7:
On a high-level below are the set of new features introduced in following areas:
Networking Default operating system support for TLS protocols*
- Object Cache Extensibility (plug in new implementations of an object cache for an ASP.NET application by using the new ICacheStoreProvider interface. )
- Memory monitoring (Developers can now write their own memory monitors to replace the default by using the ApplicationMonitors.MemoryMonitor property.)
- Memory Limit Reactions. (Developers can now replace or supplement the default behavior by subscribing IObserver implementations to the application’s memory monitor.
Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Ability to configure the default message security settings to TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2
- Improved reliability of WCF applications and WCF serialization
Windows Forms – High DPI support
Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Support for a touch/stylus stack based on Windows WM_POINTER messages
- New implementation for WPF printing APIs
Also improvements in :
- High DPI support for Windows Forms applications on Windows 10
- Touch support for WPF applications on Windows 10
- Enhanced cryptography support
- Support for C# 7 and VB 15, including ValueTuple
- Support for .NET Standard 1.6
- Performance and reliability improvements
June 27, 2016
Today Microsoft has released Update 3 for Visual Studio 2015. Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 includes a variety of capability improvements and bug fixes. To find out what’s new, see the Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 Release Notes. For a list of fixed bugs and known issues, see the Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 MSDN Article.
Visual Studio Community 2015 with Update 3 – Web Installer – ISO
Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 with Update 3 – Web Install – ISO
Visual Studio Professional 2015 with Update 3 – Web Installer – ISO
Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 – Web Installer – ISO
Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2015 with Update 3 – Web Installer – ISO
Visual Studio Test Professional 2015 – Web Installer – ISO
Visual Studio Express 2015 for Windows 10 – here
Visual Studio Express 2015 for Web – here
Visual Studio Express 2015 for Desktop – here
May 5, 2015
.NET, .NET Framework, .NET Framework 4.5, .NET Framework 4.5.2, ASP.NET, ASP.NET 4.5, ASP.NET MVC, BCL(Base Class Library), KnowledgeBase, Microsoft, Microsoft SDKs, Portable Class Library, Visual Studio 2013, VisualStudio, VS2013, Windows, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Phone, Windows Phone 8
Microsoft has released an release candidate version for VS2013 Update 5 (short: 2013.5).
This update is the latest in a cumulative series of technology improvements and bug fixes for Visual Studio 2013.
What’s new in Visual Studio 2013 Update 5
- Current iteration query token
- Team Project Rename support for Local Workspaces : – [ability to update local workspaces after a team project is renamed. Performing a get or check-in will automatically correct the workspace mapping so that it uses the new team project name.]
WARNING: All prior releases of the Tools for Apache Cordova are incompatible with Update 5. If you have previously installed a Tools for Apache Cordova CTP extension, you must uninstall that extension before installing Visual Studio 2013 Update 5.
Download: Visual Studio 2013 Update 5 (2013.5) RC
KB – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3021976?wa=wsignin1.0
May 4, 2015
Microsoft, Office, Office 2016, Preview, Previews, Windows, Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Phone
Microsoft has released Office 2016 Preview
Obtain license key from: https://products.office.com/en-us/office-2016-preview#howToGet
Read more about features available from official blog: http://blogs.office.com/2015/05/04/office-2016-public-preview-now-available/
May 3, 2015
Microsoft has announced that with Visual Studio 2015 – Apache Cordova tools will be integrated within the main install bundle. Using Apache Cordova Tools for Visual Studio you will be able to develop cross-platform mobile applications using single codebase for iOS, Android and Windows Phone.
What’s new in Apache Cordova Tools for VS2015-RC
- Grunt, Gulp, Bower and Node-based Workflows – Starting with the RC release, it’s also much easier for you to build Cordova apps using tools familiar to many web developers.
- New Templates from Ionic and Onsen UI – Ionic and Onsen UI templates are provided as optional to enable developers to try out the new frameworks. Each framework provides a variety of starting points to suit the most common project types.
- Fresh Samples, Tutorials and Documentation
Read more from Visual Studio team blog on Apache Cordova Tools for Visual Studio 2015 RC
If you are using Visual Studio 2013, then you will have to rely on Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova CTP3.1 (Add On) to enable cross platform mobile development using Visual Studio 2013 Update 4.
This preview release for Visual Studio 2013 Update 4 and Visual Studio 2015 RC supports building apps for the following device targets:
- Android 4+
- iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8
- Windows 8.0 and Windows 8.1 Store
- Windows Phone 8.0 and Windows Phone 8.1
Benefits of using Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova:
When you develop apps using Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova, Visual Studio provides these benefits:
Easy installation. Manual installation of Cordova involves a lot of work to find, install, and maintain the correct version of all the third-party software required to support native platforms. Visual Studio handles all that for you by including a third-party dependency installer that gets you up and running in the first hour.
Unified debugging experience. Cross-platform development often requires a different tool for debugging each device, emulator, or simulator. Different tools mean different workflows and lost productivity every time you switch devices. With Visual Studio, you can use the same world-class debugging tools for all deployment targets, including iOS devices and emulators, Android devices and emulators, Windows, and the Apache Ripple emulator.
Command line interoperability. The Visual Studio solution directly reflects the file system and is updated in real time. This means that it is easier than ever to use your favorite command line tool with Visual Studio.
Multi-Version Cordova support. The Visual Studio solution allows you to select different versions of Cordova at the project level.
Quoting from MSDN Article – Getting Started with Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova
TO Learn more USE THE FOLLOWING RESOURCES
April 30, 2015
.NET, .NET Framework, .NET Framework 4.6, ASP.NET, ASP.NET 5.0, ASP.NET AJAX, ASP.NET MVC, BCL(Base Class Library), Microsoft, Microsoft SDKs, MSDN, Portable Class Library, SignalR, Trial Downloads, Updates, Visual Studio 2015, VisualStudio, VS2015, Web API, Web API v2.0, Windows, Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Phone 8.0 SDK, Windows Phone SDK
During #Build2015 event Microsoft has unveiled Visual Studio 2015 RC (Release Candidate) with lots of improvements and fixes to CTP version of Visual Studio. RC would be a near release quality and your see it is stable than ever.
Other Associated Products