November 13, 2011
Newly released Developer Preview of so called ASP.NET MVC 4 is having some interesting additions. ASP.NET MVC 4 Developer Preview introduces also new template for mobile web applications. These templates are special because they are using jQuery Mobile – special jQuery library for building mobile user interfaces Check jQuery Mobile support levels for different mobile web browsers.
This release includes installation packages for Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview.
Quick overview of new features
1. New Default template to look good in both desktop browsers and mobile browsers without any customization.
2. Inbuilt Use of jQuery UI to provide a richer UI.
3. New Mobile Application project template based on jQuery Mobile for mobile and tablet browsers.
4. ‘Display Modes’ feature to select view corresponding to browser means might select different views for desktop browser and mobile browser.
5. Provides functionality to create an asynchronous action method.
ASP.NET MVC 4 Developer Preview for Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 11 can be downloaded from the following page:
Download ASP.NET MVC 4 Developer Preview
ASP.NET MVC 4 can be installed and can run side-by-side with ASP.NET MVC 3.
Happy to announce that Jquery Mobile Framework is released
For more information please visit the official release blog. http://jquerymobile.com/blog/
This is going to change the way we develop mobile applications.
A Mile stone for mobile application development.
jQuery Mobile: Touch-Optimized Web Framework for Smartphones & Tablets
A unified user interface system across all popular mobile device platforms, built on the rock-solid jQuery and jQuery UI foundation. Its lightweight code is built with progressive enhancement, and has a flexible, easily themeable design…
A light weight, with power of jQuery, cross platform- framework for Mobile Devices.. Cool!!!! Wait a second.. It’s just announced not ready yet, but in near future, some time at the end of 2010.
You can stay tune and get updates from the jQuery Mobile Web Site .. If you have time you could check the current “Mobile Support Grid” and also read about jQuery mobile project strategy..
Hope this was informative..
Have Fun!!!! Happy Learning !!!!