Unity is a dependency injection container from Microsoft. It is full-featured, with support for instance and type interception and custom extensions.
It facilitates building loosely coupled applications and provides developers with the following advantages:
- Simplified object creation, especially for hierarchical object structures and dependencies
- Abstraction of requirements; this allows developers to specify dependencies at run time or in configuration and simplify management of crosscutting concerns
- Increased flexibility by deferring component configuration to the container
- Service location capability; this allows clients to store or cache the container
- Instance and type interception
This is a minor service release of Unity with several fixes to the interception mechanism.
Download from Microsoft Download Center